Crown College Women's Choir
From the fall of 2007 to the spring of 2012, Curtis was the artistic director of the Crown College Women's Choir based out of Crown College in Saint Bonifacius, MN. during his five years as director, Curtis increased the choir from twelve singers to thirty and elevated it to one of the premiere ensembles on campus. Under his direction the group was annually featured at the ACDA Saint John's Mens/Womens Choir Festival, regularly commissioned new works by young composers, performed operas, toured domestically and internationally, and regularly attempted performances of music rarely tackled by treble choruses. Highlights of Curtis' time at Crown included:
- the first performance ever in Minnesota of Bela Bartok's "Three Village Scenes" for treble chorus and chamber orchestra
- performance tours in Germany, Luxembourg, France, and Spain as well as the midwestern United States
- premiering/commissioning fourteen new works in five years
- collaborative concerts with the Minnetonka Chamber Choir, the Perfect Fourth String Quartet, Crown College Brass, and a number of area churches
- presenting the first opera ever at Crown College with the fall 2011 performance of Engelbert Humperdinck's "Hansel and Gretel"